Saturday, June 14, 2014

Oh the places you'll go...

As promised, the rest of the pics from our Utah/California trip... not ALL of the pictures mind you, but the ones I'm willing to put up :) Enjoy!

Grandpa took Serenity and me to an Antique shop... She was so cute pushing a little teddy bear around in this buggy, I wish I could have gotten it it for her... the owner thought she was so cute, she gave her the teddy bear for free!  This car would have been the best souvenir.. but it was already sold.

  

The girls had a ton of fun and Gigi and B-Pops house.  They were even the first people to use my grandmas giant tub in her bathroom.  Both girls loved being outside in the backyard.  I was worried it would be super hot there, but the weather was perfect.  Serenity and her cousins ran back and forth, for hours it seemed, along the side of the house, and Scarlette Jo enjoyed watching them! It really is the perfect house for their great-grand kids to come visit!

  

  

Other highlights of the CA trip... 
My grandpa made me one of his famous maps... he just loves to pull out the old pen and paper and draw people maps any chance he can. My favorite part about this picture is he is looking up the directions on his iphone (which I could have done on mine...) , and then he drew it out for me... Imagine what the kind of maps he drew a few years ago before this handy feature! HA


AND this Menu from a french restaurant we went to... mmmm yummy...  


Scarlette Jo and I enjoyed a beautiful evening on the beach for my good friends wedding! 
 

  


The girls also had a blast at the Riddle Ranch (my sister's home).  Serenity learned how to collect chicken eggs (whoops sorry she broke one Josh...) and feed the baby chicks... and Scarlette learned how to ride a lawn mower (without the blade on...) Josh did insist however, that she wear noise canceling ear muffs...

  

 

  

The girls got to see quite a bit of family in Utah.  Tanner's little sister loved playing with them on the swing set.  Preston turned 18, so we joined a bunch of his friends at the a fun center for the party.  They also saw my grandpa Bill, and Tanner's grandma, and of course their Granny Kim and Grandpa Damon.  One of the highlights of the trip for ME, was spending time with some of my good friends!  


  



  

On one particularly wretched evening, Ashley saved me and we went out to eat with the girls! 

  

We also went to the Aquarium with Ashley and Jason!  It was so fun!  One of the best moments was going to the Otter Outpost... there were signs all over the place advertising the otter exhibit in the "native to utah" section... Since none of us have seen otters in the wild in Utah, we were pretty skeptical of the exhibit.  Rightly so, because it was EMPTY!  


 


 It was fun to see the babes next to all these beautiful animals!  Scarlette LOVED watching the animals, and Serenity loved posing for pics... 

  

    

 I wish I had the patients to wait it out for some good pics... but I got a couple of the animals...

  

  

 Other note-able moments if you will... Both girls really grew to love chocolate... not sure how it happened, because I am NOT a fan...


  

and Serenity's strawberry addiction got a little out of control...
 


 The traveling took it's toll on everyone...
  

 

 All in all it was a very eventful and busy trip, and in the end, the girls were definitely glad to get a break from all the excitement.  

                 Jess


No comments:

Post a Comment