Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter

Easter.  What an awesome holiday.  Everything about the Easter season is so fresh and beautiful.  I love how Easter is in the spring.  The whole earth is just radiant.  The flowers are in bloom, the days are longer, and little baby animals are all around.  It seems I can’t escape the vivid images of re-birth and the beautiful symbols of being given a fresh start that are all around me.  What a sweet reminder of what Christ has given all of us. 

This year I decided to get outside with the girls more, and let them enjoy the beauty of Spring.  It’s been hard with the crazy cold weather we’ve been having, but the warmer days have been incredible!  I was lucky enough to get the most ADORABLE Easter pictures of the girls with flowers and bunnies in their little Easter dresses.  It was a nice way to embrace the reverence of the season, while still doing something fun and memorable.  I was even able to send out Easter cards to our families for the first time ever!  I will definitely need to make these things traditions for our family.

      

Serenity couldn't keep her hands off the bunnies!



 Instead of going all out and crazy on Easter morning, we did a little Easter egg hunt with Serenity. We also gave the girls a bunch of new Spanish books (so that I can practice with the girls when Tanner isn’t home…), a Spanish sing along movie, and a puzzle for Reni.

   

Serenity loved looking for eggs, and Scarlette was just the sweetest thing looking in her little Easter basket. 

   

Playing together after breakfast... Serenity was so patient
We had a nice day at church, Serenity really enjoyed looking at all the pictures of Jesus all over the church building.  She kept asking me "who's that" just so I could tell her Jesus over and over again.  It's almost like she understood the meaning behind the day.  

Everyone at church got a kick out of the girls cute little gloves and headbands. I wish I had thought about taking picture earlier, but the after church wrinkled dress style is good enough for me!

   


The sun was so bright but the girls suffered through it
My cute husband and our girls
 After a few days of cold and rainy weather, today was just gorgeous.  It really was the perfect day to celebrate and remember the sacrifices that Christ has made for us, and how truly blessed we are #BecauseofHim.
   
             Jess

3 comments:

  1. hermosa familiaaa!!!!! eejje me encantan las bebas de bellas que son!! son identicas a la mama ( gracias a Dios!! jajajaa).... siempre estan en mis pensamientos, y los esperamos cada dia en casa!!.. ojala pronto se haga relaidad la promesa de volver de Tanner!!! con su familia!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracias por compartir las novedades. Es una hermosa familia y estamos muy contentos de verlos felices. Todavía los esperamos para que nos cocinen...los misioneros vienen fallados ahora, no saben cocinar jaaja un gran abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving your blog. Miss you and your cute girls. Xo

    ReplyDelete