Saturday, April 12, 2014

Making Memories






This past week was crazy.  Both Monday and Tuesday nights, the girls decided the cool thing to do was to stay up all night. Literally.  Both nights they were awake from 1-5:30a.  Needless to say, Tuesday and Wednesday, we were all REALLY tired.  I was going on MAYBE a couple hours of sleep, and the girls were only going on a couple more than that. Everyone was pretty grumpy, but luckily the girls napped pretty well.  They have both been amazing this week at putting themselves to sleep for naps.  I used to have to lay down with both of them, which was AWESOME once they were actually asleep, but could be really frustrating because they liked taking turns waking each other up. :) Funny enough, when I went to get them up from their nap on Thursday, Serenity had climbed into Scarlette's crib, and they were playing together.  SO, maybe it doesn't matter where they nap, they both just want to be together.  I love how much they love each other!


I'm not entirely sure how Serenity climbed in here...

My dad has been traveling a lot these past couple of months, and when he got home on Tuesday, It was a much needed reunion for everyone!  My dad always knows how to make things just seem better!  And of course, the girls love him, so it was nice to see the girls smile at their Papa after being grumpy for most of the day!!  I really do have the cutest dad!

So far, she doesn't mind the camera!
On Wednesday I tried to stay busy.  I was so exhausted I just needed to keep moving, so I took the girls to the mall to get some birthday presents for Scarlette (she will be one on Monday, I can't believe it.)  When we got home, we put some puzzles together, colored, and had a dance party.  When it came time for bed, I was feeling pretty confident that after our full day everyone would fall right to sleep.  The girls were falling asleep when Tanner got home from work.  But being the loving dad he is, he thought it’d be a great time to stick his head in the room and say goodnight.  Needless to say, they were up at that point and I had to start the whole process over again.  I thought I was going to LOSE it!!  Luckily, after spending hours getting the girls to finally fall asleep, I was able to sleep  myself that night, so it was ALMOST totally worth it. 

Serenity normally has gymnastics on Thursdays, but we were running late getting going on our day.  So instead, the girls and I went on a walk.  It was such a pretty day.  May I just say, I’ve never noticed how many pineapple lawn ornaments my neighborhood has.  From metal ones, to concrete ones, it’s really kind of ridiculous.  On our walk, Serenity and I play a game, I ask her what something is in Spanish, and she tells me.  It seriously got to a point I had to ask "Siri" how to say pineapple in Spanish, so that we could continue the game!  

Friday we went to Carowinds with some friends.  Most of the baby rides were closed but it was fun to walk around.  We did get to go on one ride, and it was so slow I thought the girls were going to fall asleep, but when we got off, Serenity wanted to go again ha. The girls loved watching all the carnival games and seeing all the flowers.  After such a long week, it was nice to just to have fun with the babes and my friend.


Serenity and her sweet friend Charlotte.

I know everyone says this, but after having the girls, it’s been really hard to find time, or even just motivate myself enough, to work out.  This week my sister Christina, had been planning on running a 5k, ColorVibe 2014, but at the last minute, her buddies bailed on her.  Being the awesome sister I am… (LOL) I offered to do it with her.  I was NOT sure I would be able to run ANY of it, much less ALL of it, but I figured it would be good to at least get out of the house for a few hours.  It was so fun!  I ran 98% of the race, and kept a really good pace.  I completely surprised myself.  I guess running a 5k where you get paint splattered all over your face is good for a lot of reasons.  First off, it actually takes your mind off the running part, and second, no one can see how red your face is getting from exhaustion HA.

Nice panoramic view of the crowd before the race!

Before...
The start of the race full of blue color dust
I loved how colorful the ground was



A bunch of me and Fish ALL colored out! 




The Babies got in on the fun!

Me and the girls after playing in the color dust
Reni blowing daddy kisses bye bye <3
                               

Group hug! 
Joey's only SORTA smile
                                                                                         
All in all, it was a good week!  Sometimes, when things aren’t going the way I’d like them to, it’s hard to just sit back and enjoy my life.  This week definitely tested that.  I had to keep reminding myself that every day is precious, especially with my girls.  They aren’t going to be this young forever, and even if it’s hard, I need to notice the good times more, and not let the bad times get me down!  I may not have time to exercise 2 hours a day like I used to, or go on dates with Tanner as much as we’d like, but I do get to spend my day  making memories with two of the sweetest and coolest chicks around, and for now, that’s good enough for me!


               Jess

1 comment: