Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Scarlette Jo's Birthday

Yesterday was my precious Scarlette Jo’s birthday. It was such a lovely day!  The girls woke up and Serenity was having so much fun telling her sister “happy birthday.”  The day started off with Scarlette’s Mima making her waffles for breakfast. They were YUMMY!  We read a bunch of books, and Scarlette was just the happiest little thing all day.  It’s like she knew it was her special day! 

We went to Toys-R-Us to pick out some presents for little Jo and use the gift cards that GiGi and Granny Kim sent (we got her a beautiful giraffe, he favorite animal, with the gift cards, and a toy.) Serenity LOVED the store!  I honestly can’t remember the last time I went into a Toys-R-Us.  They really do seem to have everything!!  They even still have those little rides you put a quarter in.  Mechanical Bull riding for babies. :)  We put  Serenity on it first, and she freaked out!  She started crying and asking us to hold her.  Scarlette, on the other hand,  is a bit of a daredevil.  She is not affected by anything really, So I put her on it, and she was so cute.  She just stood there like it was no big deal. 

It's sideways, but still cute


pink with blue polka dots
Afterwards we went to Party City to get a bunch of decorations for the birthday bash. Everyone in the store was just in love with our little Joey and her cute little manicure. 



When we got home, Tanner played with the girls so that could have time to get the party all set up. I think it turned out pretty cute.  

My mom added the cake and presents after dinner

We went to Fuddruckers for dinner, with my family and our friends Patti and her daughter Hope (side note, Patti was the first person other than Tanner and me to hold Joey after she was born!) Scarlette chowed down on french-fries for the first time ever.  It was definitely a fun little celebration. 



On the way home Scarlette fell asleep in the car, so she was pretty tired for her cake and presents.  Bummer.   I wish I had thought about taking pictures earlier in the day, but I was just too busy playing with my girl, and prepping for the party. (honestly my only regret is not using my REAL camera for the party, and not my iphone!)  

The second we lit the candle to sing happy birthday, she tried to touch it.  Tanner was recording everyone singing happy birthday and I totally screamed... I'm not uploading THAT video LOL.  Because baby Joey was so tired, she didn’t seem to like the cake very much, normally she’d be all over destroying the food I put in front of her. Tanner and Serenity, however, loved the cake! :) 
Amused by the birthday singing
Daddy and his girl
Joey got a bunch of clothes, that I was probably more excited about than she was...  The best present of the night was definitely her little Barney doll her daddy bought for her.  I did NOT want to get it, but he just knows his girls!  She clutched it the rest of the night.  She would push the tummy and it would sing the “I Love You” song, and she would attack it with kisses whenever Barney said “with a great big hug and a kiss from me to you.”


Instead of feeding her and putting her straight to bed, I cuddled with her a little bit longer than normal.  There is nothing like holding your darling baby birthday girl. I love my sweet Scarlette Jo.  She has brought so much peace and joy into our family.  She is the most tender loving little one, and I’m so grateful I get to be her mom!




          Jess

1 comment:

  1. The last picture is so sweet. Sleeping babies are the best.

    ReplyDelete