Sunday, April 6, 2014

Easter Photo Shoot

So yesterday was one of those days...You know the days where the “little things” just build up and finally ends up turning into one “BIG thing”?! When we woke up yesterday, we had so many fun things planned.  We had Tanner’s cousins coming to visit, Serenity was going to go to her first pageant, and we had Easter pictures for the girls that had been postponed for yesterday because of bad weather the week before.  As I was trying to get everything ready for the day I realized, the brand new AC that just got put in yesterday, was frozen.  The thought of 90 degree temps in the house again, while I had so much to do to prepare for everything we had going on, while Tanner was at work, was overwhelming.  When it finally sunk in that we couldn’t do EVERYTHING, Tanner and I decided to just go to the Easter photo shoot.  I had been planning on getting the girls pictures done for weeks now, and already missed out on a lot of family activities waiting for them.  The pictures were scheduled for 4:40, which left me plenty of time to find the girls some Easter hats, and Scarlette some new shoes.  I put the girls down for a nap at about noon, and I planned on running errands to get everything ready for their pictures when they woke up. BUT I don’t know what happened. I was seriously out of it all day! You know when you feel like you should be doing something, but nothing is actually getting done.  Yeah that was me all day. The girls woke up and I don’t know why,. but I just decided to sit down with them and watch Disney’s “Chimpanzee.” Maybe I was caught up in the whole, “Being a mom thing” or cuddling with the babes… BUT,  Next thing I know it’s 4:50 and I missed the pictures!!!!! AHHHHH.  I was SICK to my stomach! I called my mom, SO upset, and she told me she’d find another place to get the girls Easter pics. I called Tanner to break the news to him, and luckily I have an awesome husband who gave the photographer, Katie, a call and got us a new time slot at 7:15!  I rushed to get the girls ready. I even painted their nails before I realized they were wearing gloves and shoes… (SEE I was seriously spacing it) and in the end EVERYTHING paid off!  It was such a beautiful evening at B Pond!  Watching the girls play in the grass in their beautiful Easter dresses made it all worth it.  Katie had flowers and bunnies for the girls to hold.  Serenity just adored the tiny little baby bunny! She kept saying “aww bunny, I like it.” Her smile was so precious.  Scarlette took a little bit longer than Reni to warm up to the whole thing, but she too was just the sweetest thing posing with her sister and playing with those bunnies!  THANKS KATIE, SERIOUSLY! In the end I realized, there will be other pageants, and we will DEFINITELY have to reschedule with our awesome cousins, but these pictures are not a memory I was willing to miss out on!

             Jess




(these are just a few pics I took on my phone. Can't wait for the real ones!) 

2 comments:

  1. cute pictures and blog Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG those gloves are too much! I love these photos and I am SOOO glad it worked out!

    ReplyDelete